Areas of improvement and suggestions

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I'm hoping to release an update to the index analysis report in the next week or so.  If anyone would like to see anything added to the report, please add it to the discussion.  So far I am looking at the following things in future releases:

• Improved formatting to aid in analysis
  • CREATE INDEX script for CREATE and BLEND recommendations
  • CREATE index recommendation on HEAPS with limited intelligence around 
  • Included document that details a number of scenarios and methods to interpret report results
Aug 6, 2011 at 3:21 PM

What happened? Lack of feedback? I didn't try the RS part, but the stored procedure is the very interesting.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I haven't kept this area up to date due to lack of feedback.  There has been one update to the script a few months back and I expect to make a couple more changes in the near future.  There are some changes related to the indexing book I am working on that would improve the output.

Sep 16, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Hi Jason,

I have just started to discover your solution. And I´m also looking forward to your book.

Maybe you can build a hybrid script which will support SQL2K5 and SQL2K8 so it is a little bit easier for rollout in a multiserver env.? But that´s just a little idea which I can also do by myself.

I already have the seperate scripts from your blog site and I think these will help me a lot.

Regards

Dirk